AttenGo vs. Neurofeedback
One of the most important advantages of AttenGo is that it can be used at home without professional supervision and that it was designed to work without EEG feedback. A built-in scoring system provides the feedback that tells users whether they’re getting the desired results. The program reports both general progress & areas of special difficulty and records the results for constant monitoring of progress.
The two techniques differ in other important ways. Most neurofeedback protocols focus on developing sustained attention, by encouraging the production of Beta 1 brainwaves and by inhibiting slow Theta brainwaves. Other aspects of attention, such as selective attention, orienting of attention, and executive attention, are not usually reinforced. These aspects are critical in developing the well-rounded cognitive skills essential to listening, reading, learning, problem solving, following instructions, and interacting responsibly in various settings.
Unlike neurofeedback, AttenGo trains for cognitive skills on the most fundamental level. Also, in addition to enhancing Beta 1 brainwaves, it reinforces Beta 2 waves, important for alertness. The program enables users to practice the lows and highs of each frequency band and trains them to quickly shift from one band to another (Alpha/Theta, Beta 1, Beta 2) thus developing better attentional flexibility.
In addition, it helps in improving working memory, which is impaired in most individuals suffering from focus and concentration problems. Neurofeedback does not address auditory related difficulties at all. AttenGo does that as part of the training – it’s like neurofeedback at home, only better!
AttenGo does even more: it trains users to meet cognitive challenges against both visual and auditory distractions enabling marked improvement in the ability to concentrate even in a noisy classroom or workplace.
Neurofeedback’s main known advantages:
- Stabilizing brain wave ratios (beta/theta)
Neurofeedback’s main disadvantages:
- Expensive ($2000 and up)
- Requires hardware and specialized setup
- Does not develop/enhance core cognitive skills
- Does not replicate learning environments
AttenGo’s combined advantages:
- Improves brain wave ratios
- Improves frontal lobe activation and executive function
- Improves working memory
- Improves attentional flexibility (alpha, beta1, beta2)
- Enhances all core cognitive skills (see the complete list here)
- Improves both visual and auditory processing
- Enhances both pre-content (neuro-cognitive) as well as content-based processing
- No specialized equipment is required
- Fully emulates learning environments
- Easy to use
- Training is more interesting and challenging
- Faster and more comprehensive results
- Program is significantly less expensive
- Training is completely free from side effects